Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meet The Maids

Choosing my bridesmaids was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I wanted to ask everyone... but in the end, I had to choose just 5. I have to say, I did a pretty darn good job. These pretty ladies are some of the most kind, caring, fun, and lovable women I have ever met.

So without further ado...

MEET

My maid of Honor... Eden





Eden is my sister and one of my best friends. She is one of the strongest, smartest, and beautiful people I have ever met. I have looked up to her since the day I was born. I swore that when I felt pain she did too. Growing up we fought, learned, and loved one another more than you could ever imagine.
She has always been my number one supporter and on my side. She defends me and makes sure I am happy. She is much more than my sister, she is my go to girl. I love her for so many reasons.
I am so honored that she is my maid of honor.

Katie

I met this gorgeous lady during my freshman year at GVSU. We had a class together and eventually realized that lived down the hall from one another. We first bonded over the fact that our class was very pointless. Before we knew it we bonded over much more. We were both on our way to joining the College of Education at GVSU, our personalities blended well, and we always seemed to laugh with one another.
Katie and I ended up having a class together almost every semester. I introduced her (kinda =]) to her boyfriend, Bryan. Our friendship grew and grew. Eventually, she became the person I knew I could always talk to without judging me. Eventually besides having classes together we also began to work together.
Katie was one of my biggest supporters the day that Josh and I became engaged. She is honestly one of the sweetest people I have ever met and one of my best friends. 

Amy

I first met Amy as a sophomore in High School. She was one of my cheerleading coaches. From the day I first met her, I looked up too. She is the NICEST person I have ever met. I am not even teasing. She would do anything to make people smile. After I graduated High School, I began to coach the JV program at Park, and she was assisting the Varsity program.
A few years later in 2010, we ended up coaching the varsity team together. Before we knew it we were with each other all. the. time. Between practices, camps, open gyms, and games we never seemed to part. We even ended up moving a street away from one another.
Amy has always been my own personal cheerleader. We always seem to find a way to laugh with one another and help one another get through the obstacles that come our way. Amy is my go to girl for advice. I respect her and her advice because she is the person that I strive to be like everyday. I can not imagine my life without her in. She is my little Susie Sue. (Oh, and my wedding hairstylist as well!)

Myranda

I met Myranda through Josh's old roommate Mike. At first we bonded because we were two girls stuck with four boys almost 24/7. We started spending lots of time together. The more serious Josh and I got, the more serious Myranda and I got.
Our friendship really started to build going into our sophomore year of college. Our lives were filled with constant highs and lows, and we turned to one another for comfort and to vent. Just like our lives, our friendship saw its high and lows. At the end of the day though, I think its safe to say that we always came to the same conclusion. We loved one another, we wanted the best for one another, and we never wanted to lose one another. (Sounds sort of like love to me!)
Through my sophomore and junior years of college our lives were pretty much inseparable. We spent most of our time in our boyfriends house. We cuddled up in bed and watched TV, Myranda taught me way to much about make-up, and making countless trips to Alpine. Our friendship is one that I value beyond words. We compliment one another so well. We our both compassionate about our lives and willing to keep each other in check. I am so thankful to have her in my wedding and could not imagine my wedding without her in it.

Last but NOT least...

Jacqlyn (Jackie O.)

She is adorable, huh?

Jackie O and I met through Joshs good friend, Ben. Jacqlyn is his super cute, bubbly, and fun girlfriend. I honestly can't even remember the first time we met. I know though that we instantly bonded. Our interests were similar: nail polish, trashy tv, nail polish, wine, etc. 
We ended up trying to find any opportunity for us to meet up with the boys. (Jackie O and Ben are from the other side of the state) Our friendship was special because of the great relationship we had as couples. Ben, Josh, Jacqlyn and I just clicked. We always found ways to have fun. Whether it was belting ourselves together, treating my purse as a dog, feeding my dog a chicken wing by accident, or floating in Lake Michigan for hours.
Jacqlyn always made me feel happy and open to talk to her about anything. She soon dubbed our relationship with us and our boyfriends as "BFC". BFC is Best Friend Couple and that is just it. Ben and Jacqlyn will always be those friends that we'll have forever. Our children will call them Aunt Jackie O and Uncle Benjamin for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment