Monday, July 2, 2012

Meet The Men

A while ago I did a post called Meet The Maids where I introduced all of my bridesmaids! I thought that it would be fun to do the same but for the groomsmen! Plus, this is the brides introduction of the groomsmen, a little more interesting, huh?! =]

Todd
John, Todd, Josh, Brad, and Ben

Todd and Josh have been friends since they were babies. (Really, there is a video of them at Josh's first birthday party!) When I first met Todd (we did have a few drinks!) I remember him telling me that he was so happy that Josh and I were dating. Clearly, I loved him right away! Todd lives in Wyoming (The state, not the city!) so we don't get to see him as much as we wish! But when we do, we always have so much fun. There has been a tubing adventure, that Todd traded his sunglasses for a beer and dubbed the cooler his date! I can't wait to celebrate with him and we couldn't ask for a better best man!

Ben
BFC's
Ben is our firefighter friend (That's how I always refer to him!) and he is also the other half to Team B&J (Jacqlyn's boyfriend!). Ben and Josh grew up in the same area and became friends in High School. Ben, Josh, and I went on a trip to Myrtle beach one summer and I got to know Ben well! We joke that he is my husband. Ben, Josh, Jacqlyn, and I refer to ourselves as BFC's (Best Friend Couples). We hang out as much as possible and mischief always seems to find its way to us! The four of us really are the best of friends and it seems like we were all destined to be BFC's!

John
Josh, John, and Todd
John is another life long buddy of Josh's! They grew up together and lived just a few blocks away from one another. I hear lots of stories of the trouble they caused growing up! This summer John is getting married and we both have the honor of being in their wedding! John lives in Virginia currently, so we don't get to see him much either! We have so much fun when we get to hang out, adventures usually include sledding or bonfires at Ben's. We can't wait to make new memories with John in a few weeks at his wedding! 

Mike
Mike, Rand, Josh and I
Josh and Mike met in college and lived together for a little over 2 years. Mike is my bridesmaid Myranda's boyfriend! We have had so much fun with them over the past few years! They live pretty close to Josh and I so we try to meet up for dinner with them whenever we can. Josh and Mike also like to golfing whenever they can (They sound like old men! ;) ). Mike is a really great guy and pretty hilarious to be around! He is such a sweetheart and we are so glad that he is going to be part of our big day.
Ryan
Mike, Ryan, and Josh
Josh and Ryan met in college and lived together with Mike. Ryan and Josh always found a way to have fun when they lived together. They would take the dogs rollerblading, play tennis, and of course play their beloved Call of Duty. Every night it feels like Ryan is in our living room because I can hear Josh and him playing their video games! Ryan currently lives in Ann Arbor with his adorable girlfriend Kayla. We love it when they make a trip to GR to visit! We feel so lucky to have Ryan in our wedding party.

I also want to add that listening to Josh ask each of them to be in the wedding was quite entertaining. I believe there were phrases used like, "Will you be my bridesmaid?" and referring to my sister as the "best bride". Haha, oh the poor boy is lost on wedding terminology!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures Sami! You're a great story teller too. Todd sent me the link, hope it's okay to be a follower :)
    Jeanie D (Todd's mom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww of course! Thank you so much! I may need your Kindergarten advice soon too!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard at the last paragraph bridesmaids and best bride so awesome. Memories you will always treasure and friends too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think that those memories will last forever! Too funny, poor guy is so confused with all the wedding words!

      Delete